Congratulations to Vernon Denham and Jerry Edwards for winning the 2012 International Pairs Qualifier. Jerry and Vernon will represent the US in the 2013 Finals in Scotland!
World Am International Pairs Tournament Format
- Two-person teams consisting of any two World Amateur Handicap Golf Championship participants, regardless of handicap, age, or gender. Both team members must be competitors in the World Am.
- 54 holes of combined team net play using each team member’s World Am net score each day (Monday – Wednesday rounds only) to compute the team total.
- The five teams with the lowest 54-hole combined team net scores will qualify to compete in the Championship Round on Friday, August 30th to determine the overall winning team that will represent the United States at the 2014 International Pairs Finals.
- Prizes will be awarded to the overall top ten teams of the qualifier.
- Combined team net will be the format for the Friday Final Round.
Rules and Regulations
All applicable Rules and Regulations for the World Amateur Handicap Championship golf tournament apply for the International Pairs United States Qualifier.
- ENTRY QUALIFICATIONS
All amateur golfers with an established USGA Slope Handicap or equivalent 18-hole handicap competing in World Amateur Handicap Championship are eligible. Golf tourney entrants from outside the U.S. must have equally verifiable handicaps. The entry fee is $60 per person or $120 per team. Only one application per team please!
For purposes of the International Pairs United States Qualifier, there will be one flight/division for all teams. The two-person teams may consist of male/male, female/female, or male/female.
- INTERNATIONAL PAIR HANDICAP INDEX
For purposes of the International Pairs United States Qualifier, the golf handicap index used by each participant to compete in the World Am will be the handicap index used for the International Pairs competition. This includes players that have been given a score history index to use in the World Am by the Tournament Committee or any other such handicap changes.
The top ten teams will be awarded prizes and will also receive recognition on the main stage at the 19th Hole on Thursday, August 29, 2013. Ties for any place will be broken using the combined team net scores from the most recent completed tournament round going backwards.
In addition to awards, the winning team on Friday, August 30th will receive air travel, accommodations, some meals, and golf tournament entry fee in the International Pairs World Championship to be held in Scotland the fall of 2014.
- PLAYER DISQUALIFICATION/CANCELLATION
If during the course of play at the Myrtle Beach World Amateur, either team member is disqualified because of a rules infraction or a golf handicap discrepancy, their team will also be disqualified from the International Pairs competition. No refunds will be given to either party because of the disqualification. All decisions of the World Amateur Golf tournament committee are final.
If you must cancel prior to the golf tourney, be sure to identify you are participating in the International Pairs competition so we can process your refund appropriately.
- RULES OF PLAY
The USGA Rules of Golf will govern play. Local rules at each course will apply. The Rules Committee will resolve all disputes regarding any aspect of tournament play. The decisions of the Committee are final.
- RAIN OUT
If all competitors are not able to complete any round on any given day, that day’s score will not be used to compute the totals for ALL teams. One completed tournament round will constitute a tournament. The combined team net score from the Thursday round will only be used towards the awarding of all places if all previous rounds are cancelled.
*Team winners must present photo ID on Thursday night to collect their prizes in the International Pairs booth at the World’s Largest 19th Hole.